Terms you might see and hear
During the course of the training session, your group leader may use one of these abbreviations. We'll try to remember to explain any abbrevation, but here's a list so you can start learning Galloway-speak.
- GMS - Glenridge Middle School
- MRP - Marathon Race Pace
- HMRP - Half Marathon Race Pace
- MR - Minute recovery
- OYO - On Your Own
- PR - Personal Record
- 400 - 1 lap on track (1/4 mile)
- 600 - 1 ½ laps
- 800 - 2 laps ion track (1/2 mile)
- 1000 - 2 ½ laps on track
- 1200 - 3 laps on track (3/4 mile)
- 1600 - 4 laps on track (1 mile)
- Ladder - workout in which each interval increases (goes up) then decreases (goes down).
- MM or Magic Mile - timed mile each Galloway participant is required to do in order to project a reasonable time goal, pace and run/walk interval.